OpenEI is proud to host many web applications that provide access to data, as well as applications that analyze data and allow users to interact with the data. Below you will find a curated list of applications and tools that OpenEI the team contributed to or helped to build.
OpenEI is also a location where users and developers can list their own tools. If you would like to add a tool or application to OpenEI, please use the Tool Form.
If you would like to work with OpenEI to develop a tool or application, please .
List of applications:
- Geothermal Data Repository
- Geothermal Exploration Cost & Time Metric
- International Utility Rate Database
- Life Cycle Assessement Harmonization
- Map of Wind Farms
- Marine and Hydrokinetic Data Repository
- Marine and Hydrokinetic Instrumentation & Sensor Database
- Regulatory and Permitting Information Desktop
- Regional Energy Deployment Systems Standard Scenarios Results Viewer
- Solar and Wind Energy Resource Assessment
- Transparent Cost Database
- U.S. Utility Rate Database
- Wind Vision Study Scenario Viewer
Looking for Green Button Apps?
OpenEI was involved with the Green Button Initiative and Apps for Energy Challenge in 2012. During these events many developers added their applications to OpenEI, and they were cataloged as Green Button Apps. Visit the Green Button Apps page to see a list of the cataloged Green Button Apps and to review a history of the process and challenge for creating these apps.