Water-saving Measures: Energy and Cost Savings Calculator
- Title: Water-Energy Measure Calculator
- Prepared by: James J. Hirsh & Associates and Lon W. House (Water and Energy Consulting)
- Source type: Excel model and report documentation
- Date: June 2007
- Website: http://www.doe2.com/download/Water-Energy/
This calculator was commissioned by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) to examine the details of water-saving measures as they apply to gas and electricity savings. The calculator determines the following for individual water conservation measures as well as utility programs: water savings, energy savings, energy savings avoided cost, and the Total Resource Cost (TRC). The model is publicly available online .
Review of Model from CPUC Embedded Energy in Water Study 2
- The model is useful for calculating energy savings and cost savings from water related measures.
- The model does not calculate energy intensity or resulting reductions in energy intensity as a result of water conservation. Energy intensity is a user defined input.
- The model provides several default water saving measures to get users started. .
- "Embedded Energy in Water: Study 2, Appendix A"
- (Published: August 2010) "Embedded Energy in Water: Study 2, Appendix A, page A-24"