Uganda-UNDP Territorial Approach to Climate Change (TACC) in Eastern Uganda
The TACC Uganda project will support the integration of climate change adaptation and mitigation measures into sustainable development planning and programming in developing countries by:
- Establishing partnership, coordination and participation platform for climate change planning and programming;
- Building capacity to integrate climate change issues into regional development plans and actions;
- Formulating an Integrated Territorial Climate Plan (ITCP) for the Mbale region;
- Formulating a climate change policy and investment package, i.e., a portfolio of CC adaptation and mitigation policy and investment projects to be implemented by combining and sequencing different financial opportunities; and
- Producing and disseminating lessons learned & best practices within and beyond Uganda.