UNEP-Global Network on Energy for Sustainable Development (GNESD)
"The Global Network on Energy for Sustainable Development (GNESD) is a UNEP facilitated knowledge network of Member Centres and Associates and network partners worldwide, renowned for their work on energy, development, and environment issues. The main objective of GNESD is to work for reaching the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) by:
- Strengthening the Members Centres’ ability to acquire, assimilate, and apply existing knowledge and experiences.
- Working for a better understanding of the links between sustainable energy and other development and environment priorities, and technology and policy options, leading to better articulation of practical policies that can be adopted so as to promote energy for sustainable energy.
- Working to change government policies and programmes, and private sector, investments, so that these favour energy for sustainable development approaches.
- Promoting a communication infrastructure that provides a means for Members to share experiences and draw on each other’s strengths, expertise, and skills, and
- Strengthened South-South and North-South exchange of knowledge and collaboration on energy issues of common interest."