The Energy Access Situation in Developing Countries
The "Energy Access Situation in Developing Countries - A Review focusing on the Least Developed Countries and Sub-Saharan Africa" report draws attention to the energy access situation beyond the conventional focus on electricity, especially in poorer developing countries where access is the most constrained.
Main topics covered by the report include:
- Energy access situation in LDCs and Sub-Saharan Africa, including access to electricity and modern fuels
- Fuels and improved stoves used for cooking in developing countries
- Health impacts attributable to indoor air pollution from household use of solid fuels for cooking and heating
- Developing countries with modern energy access targets, and
- An analysis of different energy access scenarios for 2015, to estimate the progress in energy access that will be needed for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)