South Africa-REEEP EERE Activities
From Open Energy Information
REEEP EERE Activities in South Africa
- Commercialisation of Large scale Solar Water Heating Systems - To establish a facility for Solar Water Heating (SWH) to scale-up current activities in large scale SWH-applications
- Developing a Vehicle for SWH Mass Implementation in SA - Assisting at least three cities in developing vehicles for the mass rollout of solar water heaters.
- Integrated Rural Energy Utility (IREU) Roadmap Facilitate the implementation of rural integrated energy service utilities (IEU), supplying grid, off-grid and thermal energy needs in rural communities.
- Development Marketplace Competition for Affordable Non-Fossil Lighting in Sub-Saharan Africa - To host a Development Marketplace (DM) Competition in Sub-Saharan Africa to develop low cost, non-fossil lighting products and services for low income households and small businesses.
- Combined legislative and financial mechanisms for Solar Water Heater mass rollout - To support South African provincial and local governments in moving SWH legislation forward, and to continue the development of a combined framework of legislation, sound business models and additional government support to promote the large-scale rollout of SWHs in South Africa.