Solar Electric Incentive Program (Oregon)
(Redirected from Solar Electric Incentive Program)
Last modified on January 5, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Solar Electric Incentive Program|
|Incentive Type||State Rebate Program|
|Applicable Sector||Commercial, Industrial, Residential, Nonprofit, Schools, Local Government, State Government, Multi-Family Residential, Agricultural, Institutional, Manufacturing, Water/Wastewater Treatment, Wineries, Greenhouses|
|Energy Category||Renewable Energy Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Varies (see below)
|Eligible System Size||1,000 kW maximum|
|Equipment Requirements|| Systems must be new, UL listed, comply with all applicable standards, and carry a minimum 2-year warranty on parts and labor |
Inverters must carry a minimum 5-year warranty; panels must carry a minimum 20-year warranty.
|Start Date|| 05/2003
|Funding Source||Public Benefits Fund|
|Installation Requirements|| Installations must comply with all federal, state, and local codes and meet detailed siting criteria |
Systems must be grid-connected, net-metered (residential), pre-approved and installed by an approved Energy Trust solar trade ally contractor
|Maximum Incentive||Varies (see below)|
|Ownership of Renewable Energy Credits|| RECs generated in the first 5 years are owned by customer/producer. Ownership reverts to Energy Trust for remainder of 20 yrs.
|Program Budget|| Current funding available at these incentive levels: $1.4 million for projects in Pacific Power's service territory; $3.4 million for projects in PGE's service territory
|Program Administrator||Energy Trust of Oregon|
Energy Trust of Oregon’s Solar Electric Incentive Program, launched in May 2003, is available to customers of Pacific Power and PGE who install new photovoltaic (PV) systems on new or existing homes, commercial and community buildings, farms, and municipal facilities. Incentive amounts are as follows:
- Residential PGE (Customer-owned): $0.95/W DC, up to $9,500
- Residential PGE (Third party-owned): $0.70/W DC, up to $5,000
- Residential Pacific Power (Customer-owned): $0.70/W DC, up to $7,000
- Residential Pacific Power (Third party-owned): $0.70/W DC, up to $5,000
'Commercial, Industrial, Agricultural, 'Non-Profit, Government
- Pacific Power customers: $0.90/watt for systems 0-35 kW; $0.40-$0.90/watt for systems 36-200 kW; Incentives limited to $80,000 per project or customer.
- PGE customers: $1.30/watt for systems 0-25 kW; $0.72-$1.30/watt for systems 26-250 kW; Incentives limited to $180,000 per project or $500,000 per customer.
Energy Trust will provide referrals to contractors from their Trade Ally Network (self-installed systems will not qualify). The solar contractor selected advises the customer on installation options and best siting designs to obtain the maximum performance and satisfaction from the solar electric system. The contractor will provide a system quote that estimates the PV system annual performance, installation date, and the cost after Energy Trust incentive deductions. After Energy Trust approves the customer's PV system, the buy-down incentive will be paid to the solar contractor and deducted from the final cost.
Other available incentives include a residential tax credit through the Oregon Department of Energy of $1.90/W, up to $6,000 maximum (up to $1,500 may be claimed per year).
|Contact Name||David McClelland|
|Department||Energy Trust of Oregon|
|Address||421 SW Oak Street, Suite 300|
|Phone|| (503) 459-4073 Ext:223
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.
- "Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "DSIRE" defined multiple times with different content