Singing River Electric Power Association - Comfort Advantage Home Program (Mississippi)
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Singing River Electric Power Association - Comfort Advantage Home Program|
|Incentive Type||Utility Rebate Program|
|Eligible Technologies||Comprehensive Measures/Whole Building, Heat pumps, Geothermal Heat Pumps|
|Energy Category||Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs, Renewable Energy Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Contact Singing River Electric Power Association
|Equipment Requirements|| Heat pump must have a 13 SEER rating or higher
|Installation Requirements|| Home must meet the standards of the Comfort Advantage or Comfort Advantage Plus Programs.
|Program Administrator||Singing River Electric Power Association|
Singing River Electric Power Association provides rebates on energy efficiency measures in new homes and heat pumps that meet Comfort Advantage weatherization standards. To qualify for this rebate the home must have:
- Attic insulation of at least R-38 or encapsulated foam attic insulation of R-20 or greater
- Wall insulation of R-13 or higher
- Concrete slab or floor insulation of R-19 or greater
- Dual-pane insulated windows, .60 U-factor or less
- Glass area less than 20% of total floor area
- An electric tank water heater with a .90 energy factor
- Effective air-sealing and attic ventilation
- A properly designed, installed and insulated duct system
If the above criteria are met, the home owner can receive rebates ranging from $300 to $500 ($150 for each additional heat pump unit) for energy efficient heat pumps and geothermal heat pumps. This program is available to Singing River members only and various other requirements may apply. Refer to the program web site listed above for more information.
|Contact Name||Customer Service - SREPA|
|Department||Singing River Electric Power Association|
|Address||P.O. Box 767|
|Phone 2||(228) 497-1313|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.