Simple Interactive Models for better air quality (SIM-air)
The following tools are part of the SIM-air suite:
- Vehicular Air Pollution Information System (VAPIS): A vehicular emissions calculator to estimate and compare emissions inventories.
- Smart Carbon Analysis of Road Transport (Smart-CART): A simple calculator for carbon analysis along a road corridor.
- Air Quality Index (AQI) Calculator: A simplified calculator designed to use monitoring data to estimate real time or forecasted AQI.
- Atmospheric Transport Modeling System (ATMoS) Dispersion Model: A model that generates transfer matrices for multiple source and multiple pollutant types.
- V-Dust - A simple calculator for fugitive dust emissions attributable to vehicles.
When to Use This Tool
This tool is most useful for development impacts assessments focused on:
Learn more about the topics for assessing the impacts of low-emission development strategies (LEDS).
Outputs from the different tools include vehicular emissions, air quality index forecasts, pollutant transfer matrices, dust emissions.
How to Use This Tool
Manual provided; Introductory videos at: http://www.youtube.com/user/UrbanEmissions
Level of Expertise
Sector specific emissions data, emissions factors, and health data
Examples of how Simple Interactive Models (SIM-air) has helped people assessing the impacts of low-emission development strategies in countries and regions:
A list of related publications can be accessed here: http://urbanemissions.info/publications.html