19-WA-e Water Well Notice of Intent for New Well
The developer must submit the Notice of Intent to Construct a Water Well form found at the WDE’s Notice of Intent Form webpage at least 72 hours prior to the construction of a new well (RCW 18.104.048). Under WAC 173-160-151 the Notice of Intent contains the following information:
- Well owner name;
- Well location (street address, county name, ¼, ¼ section, township, range, and tax parcel number);
- Proposed use (if the intended withdrawal requires a water right, the permit or certificate must be attached to the NOI);
- Approximate start and completion dates;
- Contractor registration number;
- Operator/trainee name and license number; and
- Drilling company name.
The developer must also pay a fee for the well as stated in further detail in WAC 173-160-151. A new NOI and fee is required for all follow-up construction after the drilling equipment has left the drill site.
19-WA-e.2 – Construct Water Well
The developer must hire a Washington licensed well driller to complete the drilling and construction of the well. A list of licensed well drillers can be found on the WSDE's Licensing Webpage. The well driller must construct the well in accordance with WAC Chapter 173-160 “Minimum Standards for Construction and Maintenance of Wells.”
19-WA-e.3 – Water Well Report
After the licensed well driller constructs the well, the well driller will complete and the developer will submit the Water Well Report (well log) on the form provided by the WSDE. The developer must submit the Water Well Report to the WSDE within 30 days after constructing the well. The Water Well Report form includes detailed instructions for how to complete the form.
- Washington State Department of Ecology Water Well Notice of Intent Online Form
- Washington State Department of Ecology Water Well Report Form
- WSDE's Licensing Webpage
|Washington State Department of Ecology||Water Rights and Well Issues Contact||Jennifer Holdermanemail@example.com||360.407.6094||http://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/states/wa.html|
The 19-WA-e Water Well Notice of Intent for New Well roadmap section has multiple contacts. Click to browse a list of all contacts for this roadmap section