From Open Energy Information

< RAPID‎ | Hydropower‎ | Minnesota

RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit
My Projects

Minnesota Hydropower Transmission & Interconnection(8-MN)

In Minnesota, a hydropower developer should consult local zoning regulations during the transmission siting process. A developer may need a Route Permit and/or a Certificate of Need from the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission for certain interconnection and transmission projects.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

Edit Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Regional Office Hydropower Contacts

Visit Website

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources