RAPID/BulkTransmission/South Dakota/Land Access

Jump to: navigation, search


Regulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit

South Dakota Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-SD)

In South Dakota, a transmission developer may need a State Land Right-of-Way from the South Dakota Department of School and Public Lands for projects proposed to cross any school or public lands. 49 S.D. § 32-1; 49 S.D. § 7-16. A developer may also need a Utility Permit from the South Dakota Department of Transportation to install, expand, or relocate utility facilities on or near an interstate or non-interstate state highway right-of-way. 70:04 S.D. §§ 05-05.01.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources

Print PDF