RAPID/BulkTransmission/Ohio/Land Access

Jump to: navigation, search


Regulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit

Ohio Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-OH)

In Ohio, a bulk transmission developer must obtain a right-of-way easement or lease from the appropriate state agency if the proposed project will be located in, on, or above State-owned real property. A bulk transmission developer must also obtain a permit from the Ohio Department of Transportation to “use or occupy” a portion of a state road or highway right-of-way. O.R.C. § 5515.01. This may include a Roadway Usage Permit, a Commercial Access Permit, and/or a Utility Permit.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources

Print PDF