RAPID/BulkTransmission/Missouri/Land Access

Jump to: navigation, search
RAPIDRegulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit

Missouri Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-MO)

In Missouri, a developer may need approval from the Missouri Board of Public Buildings to cross state lands.Mo. Rev. Stat. § 37.005.9. A developer may also need a Right-of-Way Construction Permit from the Missouri Department of Transportation to install, relocate, or maintain a utility on a state highway right-of-way. § 643.3.1.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Permitting at a Glance

Missouri Federal

Right of Way Agency: Governor, with approval from Missouri Board of Public Buildings.
State Land Right of Way Process: The governor, with the approval of the Missouri Board of Public Buildings, has authority to grant an easement across, over, upon, or under state lands to any rural electric cooperative, public utility, municipal corporation, or quasi-governmental corporation owning or operating a public utility, for the purpose of constructing, maintaining, or removing a power line, equipment, or appurtenances. Mo. Rev. Stat. § 37.005.9.
State Highway Right of Way Agency: Missouri Department of Transportation
State Highway Right of Way Process: A developer of a utility must obtain a right-of-way construction permit if the project will involve the installation, relocation, or maintenance of a utility on the right-of-way of a state roadway, or if the project will affect the roadway, shoulders, or right-of-way. § 643.3.1.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources

Print PDF