RAPID/BulkTransmission/Iowa/Land Access

Jump to: navigation, search


Regulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit

Iowa Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-IA)

In Iowa, a bulk transmission developer may need to obtain a State Land Right-of-Way Permit from the Iowa Department of Natural Resources in order to place transmission lines or other structures on state-owned land. A State Land Right-of-Way Permit can come in the form of a State Land Lease or State Land Easement. Leases and Easements are issued by the Iowa Executive Council, and are subject to the rules laid out in I.C. § 461A and I.A.C. § 571.13. Developers may also need to obtain a Utility Permit from Iowa Department of Transportation to construct utility lines in a state highway right-of-way. I.C. § 318.8.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources

Print PDF