RAPID/BulkTransmission/Illinois/Land Access

Jump to: navigation, search


Regulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit

Illinois Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-IL)

A developer must obtain a Public Utility Easement, from the state agency with jurisdiction, to access state land. Illinois – State Property Control Act (30 I.L.C.S. §§ 605 et seq.) A developer may also need a Utility Permit from the Illinois Department of Transportation to construct or maintain a transmission line “…upon, under or along any [state] highway, or upon any township or district road…” 605 I.L.C.S. §113(a), Illinois Regulations – 92 I.A.C. §§ 530 et seq., Accommodation of Utilities on Right-of-Way.

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources

Print PDF