RAPID/BulkTransmission/Alaska/Land Access

Jump to: navigation, search


Regulatory and Permitting Information Desktop Toolkit

Alaska Bulk Transmission Land Access(3-AK)

In Alaska, a transmission developer may need a state land right-of-way and/or a state highway right-of-way permit for a proposed projects that across state land or that encroaches upon a state highway.

State Land Right-of-Way

For transmission lines across state land that is not a part of a state land lease, developers may apply for a Right-of-Way easement or permit from the Alaska Division of Mining Land and Water. AS 38.05.850.

State Highway Right-of-Way Permits

In Alaska, a developer must obtain a State of Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities Encroachment Permit (Encroachment Permit) from the Alaska Department of Transportation and Public Facilities (DOT&PF) prior to constructing, maintaining, or changing an encroachment within a DOT&PF highway right-of-way (ROW), unless otherwise provided for by agency regulations. 17 AAC § 10.010; Alaska Stat. § 19.25.200(a).

More Information

Determine Which State and Federal Permits Apply

Use this overview flowchart and following steps to learn which federal and state permits apply to your projects.

Contact Information

No contacts have been added

| Add a Contact

List of Reference Sources

Print PDF