How to Create a new Exploration Technique
- Be sure the technique you want to add does not already exist - in any form of the name
- Go to
- Click on "Add a new Exploration Technique"
- Enter the name of the new technique - be careful to check the spelling, since this creates the page name, which can be problematic to change in the future - and click enter. You will be brought to the exploration techniques template.
- For the "Exploration Group" - enter one of the 8 exploration groups listed here
- For the "Exploration Subgroup" - enter then next level below the exploration group. If the technique itself is the next level, enter the technique as the subgroup
- For the "Parent Exploration Technique" - enter the technique directly above the technique you are creating. In some cases, this is the "Group" or "Subgroup", but in many cases it is not.
- For the "Category" - select only the parent technique as the category.
- Fill out the rest of the template blanks, as needed.