National Grid (Electric) - Commercial Energy Efficiency Rebate Programs (Upstate New York) (New York)
Last modified on October 6, 2012.
Financial Incentive Program
|Place|| New York
|Name||National Grid (Electric) - Commercial Energy Efficiency Rebate Programs (Upstate New York)|
|Incentive Type||Utility Rebate Program|
|Applicable Sector||Commercial, Industrial, Schools, Local Government|
|Eligible Technologies||Lighting, Lighting Controls/Sensors, Furnaces, Boilers, Heat pumps, Central Air conditioners, Compressed air, Motors, Motor VFDs, Custom/Others pending approval, Dry Type Transformers, Time Clocks|
|Energy Category||Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Schools and New buildings (custom): 75% of additional cost for efficiency upgrades|
Existing buildings (custom): 50% of the project cost
|Maximum Incentive|| Existing buildings (custom): buys down the cost of the project to a 1 year payback.
National Grid offers electric energy efficiency programs for its’ large commercial and industrial customers in upstate New York.
New Construction: National Grid’s new construction program offers energy strategies, technical assistance and financial incentives to customers who are building new facilities, adding capacity for manufacturing, replacing failed equipment or undergoing major renovations. In addition to providing support – both technical and financial -- in the energy-efficient design of new buildings, financial incentives pay up to 75% of the incremental costs for the high efficiency materials and systems.
Existing Facility: National Grid’s program for existing buildings, provides technical assistance and incentives to upgrade the performance of existing equipment and systems, Incentives are designed to pay, on average, approximately 40%-50% of the total project cost. Incentives for custom projects provide up to 45% of the total project costs.
National Grid offers a range of related services that complement the above two energy efficiency programs and assist their large commercial customers with identifying and installing energy efficient technologies.
- Technical Assistance-Engineering and support services available to help identify, evaluate, and implement energy efficient opportunities for a facility.
- Turnkey Services-Authorized, qualified vendors to identify and install energy efficient equipment.
- Commissioning-A quality control process to ensure that the heating, cooling, and other mechanical systems work efficiently together to save energy and reduce operating costs.
- Lamp and Ballast Recycling-Recycling for lighting lamps and ballasts containing PCBs.
- Buyers Alliance-Lighting equipment discounts on lighting energy efficient products.
- Financing-Designed to help assist with funding for qualifying energy efficiency projects.
Small/Mid-Sized business customers can participate in New Construction Programs, Existing Facility Programs or may be eligible to participate in National Grid’s Small/Mid-Sized Business Program.
|Contact Name|| National Grid Energy Efficiency
|Phone 2||(800) 292-2032|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.