National Grid (Electric) – Small Business Energy Efficiency Program (Rhode Island)
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||National Grid (Electric) – Small Business Energy Efficiency Program|
|Incentive Type||Utility Rebate Program|
|Applicable Sector||Commercial, Small Business|
|Eligible Technologies||Custom/Others pending approval, Lighting, Lighting Controls/Sensors, Walk-in Cooler efficiency measures|
|Incentive Inactive Date||2012-12-01|
|Energy Category||Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Custom Electric Efficiency Rebates: 70% of project costs can be paid through a rebate.
Custom Electric Efficiency Loans: The remaining 30% can be financed by National Grid with a 0% interest loan for 24 months.
|Eligible System Size||To be eligible, businesses must have an average monthly demand of 200 kW or less.|
|Date added to DSIRE||2008-07-23|
|Last DSIRE Review||2012-07-30|
| Last Substantive Modification
to Summary by DSIRE
National Grid’s Small/Mid-Sized Business Program is for business customers with an average demand of 200 kilowatts or less per month. The program aids qualifying business customers in installing energy efficient equipment. National Grid provides a free energy audit and report of recommended energy efficiency improvements. If the business customer chooses to make the recommended improvements using National Grid’s vendor and equipment, National Grid will pay 70% of the cost of the installation of energy efficient equipment. The remaining 30% can be paid through the customer’s electric bill, at 0% interest over a maximum period of 24 months. Customers paying the 30% customer share in a single lump sum are provided a 15% discount. Eligible energy efficient equipment includes: lighting upgrades, occupancy sensors, walk-in and reach-in cooler measures, and other site-specific custom projects. Customers can register online at the web site listed above for a free energy audit.
Commercial and industrial customers who are interested in energy efficiency but who do not qualify for the Small/Mid-Sized Business program, may still qualify for other rebate programs offered by National Grid. Contact National Grid for additional information.
|Contact Name||National Grid Small Business Energy Efficiency|
|Address||40 Sylvan Rd.|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.