National Environmental Research Institute
From Open Energy Information
The National Environmental Research Institute (NERI), located in Roskilde, Denmark, is a research institution through Aarhus University. NERI is involved in developing and disseminating information relevant to the protection of Denmark's environment and natural resources. NERI tasks include:
- Research - Research and development into specific environmental problems and long-term strategic research
- Monitoring - Monitoring the effectiveness of policy measures, and an overview of developments
- Consultancy - To serve as a scientific advisor to the Danish Ministry of the Environment and Ministry of Climate and Energy, the Mineral Resources Administration for Greenland, and other organizations.
- Researcher Training - Further educating Ph.D. students, students engaged in dissertation preparation, research professorships, external lectureships, courses, etc.
- Dissemination of Information - Using numerous channels, most notably the NERI website, to disseminate scientific papers and information.