Myanmar-Status and Potential for the Development of Biofuels and Rural Renewable Energy
"The objectives of this study are to:
- identify the energy market outlook, resource base for biofuel production, and policy gaps in biofuel development planning and legislation;
- determine appropriate regulatory measures and institutional framework;
- determine the priority feedstocks for biofuel production and the necessary market-enabling measures;
- specify appropriate business options relevant to the Greater Mekong Subregion, and to foster business ventures involving private–public partnerships; and
- specify strategic activitiy for the long-term wellbeing of the rural poor."