Monitoring and Assessment of Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Mitigation Potential in Agriculture (MAGHG)
The main goal of this project is to support efforts to mitigate climate change through agriculture in developing countries and move towards carbon friendly agricultural practices.
The overall objective of the MAGHG project is to support developing countries assess and report their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from agriculture, including assessment of mitigation options for identification of national actions that can also lead to improvements in long term agricultural productivity, enhancing food security and increasing environmental sustainability. Main activities of the project are to enhance global knowledge on GHG for the agriculture sector (launch of FAOSTAT emission database), and raise awareness and facilitate dialogue on climate change, GHG emissions, Biennial Update Reports, and response strategies link to rural development through regional workshops linked to the FAO Committee of Agricultural Statistics.
The FAO MAGHG project has launched the AFOLU emission global database in 3 languages:
Domain Emissions – Agriculture
- English http://faostat3.fao.org/faostat-gateway/go/to/download/G1/*/E
- French http://faostat3.fao.org/faostat-gateway/go/to/download/G1/*/F
- Spanish http://faostat3.fao.org/faostat-gateway/go/to/download/G1/*/S
Domain Emissions – Land Use
- English http://faostat3.fao.org/faostat-gateway/go/to/download/G2/*/E
- French http://faostat3.fao.org/faostat-gateway/go/to/download/G2/*/F
- Spanish http://faostat3.fao.org/faostat-gateway/go/to/download/G2/*/S