Minnesota Power - Solar-Electric (PV) Rebate Program (Minnesota)
Last modified on December 17, 2014.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Minnesota Power - Solar-Electric (PV) Rebate Program|
|Incentive Type||Utility Rebate Program|
|Applicable Sector||Commercial, Industrial, Residential|
|Energy Category||Renewable Energy Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Base Rebate: 1,000/kilowatt DC|
NABCEP Bonus: 500/kilowatt
|Equipment Requirements||Equipment must conform to the requirements of the State of Minnesota Rebate Program|
|Installation Requirements||Systems must be installed by an approved installer|
|Maximum Incentive|| 20,000 or 60% of installed costs, including NABCEP and Nonprofit bonuses|
One rebate per customer per year
|Program Budget||$150,000 for PV and Solar Thermal (2014)|
|Program Administrator||Minnesota Power|
|References||DSIREDatabase of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency|
Minnesota Power offers a rebate of $1,000 per kilowatt (kW) DC for grid-connected solar-electric (PV) systems, with a maximum award of $20,000 per customer or 60% installed costs per customer. This program, which began in 2004, is available to the utility's residential, commercial and industrial customers that receive retail electric service, subject to availability of funding. Originally, Minnesota Power's rebate for PV systems could be combined with the Minnesota Office of Energy Security's Solar-Electric (PV) Rebate Program; however, the state program is no longer available.
The following conditions apply to Minnesota Power's Solar-Electric Rebate Program:
- Systems must be installed on or before December 31, 2014, and must meet the 12-month installation completion time line established by the Minnesota Office of Energy Security's Solar-Electric (PV) Rebate Program.
- Minnesota Power's solar-electric rebate funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Contact Minnesota Power to determine availability of funds.
- Systems must be installed by a solar energy installer (see web site for further details).
- Minnesota Power reserves the right to limit the number of rebates per installer per year.
Customers may also qualify for two different bonuses if they meet the base rebate requirements.
- Customers that use a NABCEP-certified solar installer will receive an additional $800/kW.
- Nonprofit or tax-exempt organizations can receive an additional $500/kW.
Application materials are available on the program web site.
|Contact Name||Al Lian|
|Address||30 West Superior Street|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.