Marin County - Green Building Incentive Program (California)
Last modified on May 23, 2011.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Marin County - Green Building Incentive Program|
|Incentive Type||Green Building Incentive|
|Applicable Sector||Commercial, Residential|
|Eligible Technologies||Comprehensive Measures/Whole Building, Custom/Others pending approval, Solar Water Heat, Photovoltaics, Solar Pool Heating|
|Energy Category||Renewable Energy Incentive Programs, Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs|
|Program Administrator||Marin County Community Development Agency|
|Date added to DSIRE||2003-01-23|
|Last DSIRE Review||2010-08-24|
Marin County's Community Development Agency provides incentives for new construction that incorporates green building practices. The incentives were adopted in October 2001 by the Marin County Board of Supervisors. The goal of the program is to enhance energy efficiency and conservation in residential, commercial and community facilities.
The incentive program includes the following incentives:
- Waiver of the Title 24 (California Building Energy Efficiency Standards) energy fee (new construction projects only)
- Fast-track permit processing
- Free green building technical assistance, design consultation, resources and information for all Marin County residents.
A project must fulfill one of the following requirements to qualify for the first two incentives:
- Exceed Title 24 requirements by 20%, or
- Install an on-site renewable energy system that produces a minimum of 75% of the annual energy use for the building and site amenities.
See the program web site above for more information.
|Contact Name||Omar Pena|
|Department||Marin County Community Development Agency|
|Address||3501 Civic Center Drive, #308|
|Place||San Rafael, California|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.