MHK ISDB/Instruments/Chelonia C-POD
The C-POD and DeepC-POD use digital waveform characterisation to select cetacean clicks and log the time, centre frequency, sound pressure level, duration and bandwidth of each click.
- Sound Pressure Level (Sound Pressure)
- Individual (Animal Detection)
- Presence (Animal Detection)
- Vocalization (Animal Detection)
- Tag Code (Animal Identification)
- Vocalization (Animal Identification)
Hydrophone: 20 kHz to 160 kHz
Depth Rating (C-POD): 100 m
Maximum range: porpoises - 400 m; dolphins > 1 km
No optional sensors provided. Please add sensors.
Guides and Manuals
Product Web Page: http://www.chelonia.co.uk/products.htm
Product Software Page: http://www.chelonia.co.uk/products.htm
Notes, Considerations & Recommendations
C-PODs log very large numbers of clicks that have some resemblance to cetacean clicks. Cetacean detection is performed in post-processing by the detection and classification of coherent sequences – 'trains' – of clicks found within the raw data.