Lincoln County - LEED-Certified Building Incentive Program (North Carolina)
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Lincoln County - LEED-Certified Building Incentive Program|
|Incentive Type||Green Building Incentive|
|Applicable Sector||Commercial, Industrial|
|Eligible Technologies||Comprehensive Measures/Whole Building, Passive Solar Space Heat, Solar Water Heat, Solar Space Heat, Photovoltaics, Wind, Biomass, Geothermal Heat Pumps, Daylighting|
|Energy Category||Renewable Energy Incentive Programs, Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs|
|Program Administrator||Lincoln County|
|Date added to DSIRE||2012-05-25|
|Last DSIRE Review||2012-05-25|
|References||DSIREDatabase of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency|
Lincoln county is providing an incentive for the construction of certified green buildings in the commercial and industrial sector. Only newly constructed buildings are eligible, and they must have a minimum tax assessed value of $2,000,000. The county has chosen the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green building rating system as the standard for the program, but may accept projects on a case-by-case basis that are certified through a functionally equivalent certification standard adopted by a functionally similar certification body.
The program will exempt the project from the following fees:
- Up to 95% of the building permit fees
- Up to 95% of the sewer tap fees
- Up to 95% of the water tap fees
- Up to 95% of the sewer capacity development fees
- Up to 95% of the water capacity development fees
The cap on incentives is the lesser of $200,000 or the following values which are based on the building's tax value and the level of LEED certification acheived by the building:
- LEED Certified: 0.1% of the building's tax assessed value
- LEED Silver: 0.2% of the building's tax assessed value
- LEED Gold: 0.5% of the building's tax assessed value
- LEED Platinum: 1.0% of the building's tax assessed value
See Exhibit A of the County Resolution, or contact Lincoln County Planning and Inspections for more information.
|Contact Name||R. S. Williams, AICP|
|Department||Lincoln County Planning and Inspections|
|Address||302 North Academy Street|
|Place||Lincolnton, North Carolina|
Authorities (Please contact the if there are any file problems.)
|Authority 1:||County Resolution|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.