La Plata Electric Association - Renewable Generation Rebate Program (Colorado)
Last modified on December 17, 2014.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||La Plata Electric Association - Renewable Generation Rebate Program|
|Incentive Type||Utility Rebate Program|
|Applicable Sector||Commercial, Industrial, Residential|
|Eligible Technologies||Photovoltaics, Wind, Small Hydroelectric|
|Energy Category||Renewable Energy Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| PV 10 kW-DC or less: Upfront incentive of 350|
PV greater than 10 kW-DC: Performance-based incentive is initially valued at 44.91/MWh (0.04491/kWh) for 2014 and is paid every 6 months for 10 years.
|Eligible System Size|| 500 W minimum
|Installation Requirements|| Systems must be grid-tied
|Ownership of Renewable Energy Credits|| Renewable energy credits are granted to the utility for the first 10 years of operation
|Program Administrator||La Plata Electric Association|
|References||DSIREDatabase of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency|
La Plata Electric Association (LPEA) offers an incentive, not to exceed the cost of the system, to residential and small commercial customers who install a photovoltaic (PV), wind, or hydropower facility. To be eligible for the rebate, the system must be grid-tied and located in LPEA's service territory. Systems 10 kilowatts (kW) or less are eligible for an upfront incentive based on the nameplate capacity and other factors. Systems greater than 10 kW are eligible for a performance-based incentive.
For 2014, PV systems 10 kW or less are eligible for a one-time upfront payment valued at $350 per kW. A REC contract must be completed in order to receive these funds. The 2014 performance-based incentive for PV systems larger than 10 kW is $44.91 per megawatt-hour (MWh), which is paid every 6 months for the first 10 years of operation.
Customers interested in installing wind or hydro systems should contact the utility to find out the rebate amount.
For the purposes of calculating the upfront incentive, the wattage of the system is determined as follows:
- Solar – the total installed PV panel capacity
- Solar with tracking – the total installed PV panel capacity times 1.25. This factor represents the additional energy output obtained by the use of a tracking device.
- Wind – the nameplate capacity times 0.30. This factor represents the expected energy output given the wind resources of LPEA service territory. If 12 months of hourly, site specific anemometer data can be provided, this factor may be adjusted to represent the site’s wind resource.
- Hydro – available head (in feet) times average annual flow rate (in cfs) times 84.64 (power conversion factor).
|Contact Name||Richard Archuleta|
|Department||La Plata Electric Association|
|Address||45 Stewart St.|
|Address 2||P.O. Box 2750|
|Phone|| (970) 247-5786
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.
- "Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency" Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "DSIRE" defined multiple times with different content