From Open Energy Information
The following resources can be used to support different stages of low emissions development planning. Click here to add a capacity building or training resource to the inventory.
- Webinar on Development Impact Assessment for Low Emissions Development: As part of this webinar, several members of the LEDS Global Partnership set out to review existing approaches to capturing and communicating development benefits of climate action and propose a new tool for communicating development benefits to policy makers as part of a LEDS process.
- Low_Carbon_Development:_Planning_&_Modelling_Course: This course will introduce you to climate change mitigation, explore the concepts surrounding low carbon development planning on an economy-wide basis and take a detailed look at what this means in the power and transport sectors and for household electricity use.
- Capacity Needs Diagnostics for Renewable Energies (CaDRE): This free handbook may be used as a guide for conducting a gap analysis of the current capacity of the renewable energy industry, specifically regarding wind and solar technologies. The gaps and needs that this analysis exposes will identify the areas which need to be addressed to support the further deployment of renewable energy.
- China 2050 Pathways Calculator: This free online tool allows policy makers and others to test different technological pathways towards a low-carbon economy in China by 2050 by calculating projections of energy demand, primary energy supply, and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Green Growth E-learning: The Green Growth on-line e-Learning facility takes an integrative, multidisciplinary approach towards promoting environmentally-sustainable economic growth. The facility is designed to educate participants about the most innovative, cost-effective approaches to Green Growth. Structured around a series of interactive training modules, the curriculum encourages participants to actively reflect on the ways a Green Growth strategy can be adapted to their home country.
- IRENA Renewable Energy Learning Partnership (IRELP): IRENA Renewable Energy Learning Partnership (IRELP): IRELP offers users access to an e-learning platform where students receive support through e-learning lectures and tutorials; a library with training materials; a database of webinars, and information on global education and training programmes. IRELP will also provide a knowledge exchange corner (Forum) where professors and renewable energy experts can collaborate to develop renewable energy curricula.
- The Future We Want: The Future We Want is a global initiative to move beyond negative visions of the future and focus on the sustainability solutions that are ready to be implemented by 2030..
- Global Climate Change Alliance Training Workshops on Mainstreaming Climate Change: The workshop aimed at sharing views, knowledge, tools and experiences on climate change mitigation and adaptation and at raising awareness on the benefits and challenges of mainstreaming climate change adaptation and mitigation in national development planning and budgeting.
- Climate Change Capacity Development (C3D+): The Capacity Development for Adaptation to Climate Change & GHG Mitigation in Non-Annex I Countries, or C3D+ Initiative, is a new initiative building upon past experience, launched in 2009. The C3D+ is a new step forward, directly involving seven centers of excellence and covering almost 30 developing countries that will benefit from a training programme on climate change related issues.
- Climate Technology Initiative Training Courses: Training courses are organised in collaboration with relevant international organisations, with a focus on the special requirements and circumstances of the target countries/regions.
- FAO-Capacity Development on Climate Change: This portal provides a one-stop window for Member States, partners, UN staff and other development actors to access FAO climate change learning resources to facilitate experience-sharing.
- IAEA Planning and Economic Studies Section (PESS) Capacity Building: PESS offers assistance to Member States, particularly from developing regions, to improve their energy system analysis & planning capabilities.
- One UN Training Service Platform for Climate Change (UN CC:LEARN): The One UN Training Service Platform for Climate Change (UN CC:Learn) is a partnership of 26 UN agencies which supports Member States, UN agencies and other development partners in designing and implementing results-oriented and sustainable learning to address climate change.
- REDD+ Training Materials: The training materials include a Participant Resource Manual that provides a comprehensive overview of REDD+, an Instructor's Manual with interactive lesson plans for delivering the course material, and a set of PowerPoint presentations that correspond to each lesson.
- US EPA GHG Inventory Capacity Building: U.S. EPA's capacity building activities focus on specific measurable and realistic outcomes. The keys to this approach are the two complementary sets of tools to assist Non-Annex I (NAI) Parties with GHG inventories.
- World Bank Renewable Energy Toolkit: The Word Bank's REToolKit is designed "to assist Bank staff and country counterparts to improve the design and implementation of renewable energy (RE) projects, incorporates best practices and lessons learned from RE projects supported by the WBG and others, and is operationally oriented to address practical implementation needs at each stage in the project cycle.