Africa LEDS Partnership
Find out more on our new website www.ledsgp.org/Africa.
A LEDS GP Regional Network
The Africa LEDS Partnership brings together government leaders of climate resilient, low emission development and green growth programs with technical institutions across African countries and international organizations. Through peer exchange, in-depth training, delivery of technical assistance, and cooperation on tools and approaches, the Partnership provides practical planning and implementation support to African countries on low emission development strategies (LEDS) and green growth plans and programs.
The Partnership supports development of effective LEDS and green growth policies and measures at the sector and economy-wide level, analysis and communication of the benefits of low emission, climate resilient development to build broad public and government support, and assistance with the mainstreaming of these programs into current national and sub-national development programs. Technical support for Partnership activities is provided through finance, analysis, planning, and sector-specific technical Working Groups and Affiliated Programs of the LEDS Global Partnership. The Africa LEDS Partnership provides unique value in the Africa region, as it is the only regional collaborative network focused on leveraging and sharing expertise and learning to enhance cross-sectoral and integrated low emission climate resilient development.
The Partnership is planning its first regional event for 1-3 April 2014, in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). During the event, participants will be identifying high-level objectives and priority activities, and establishing a work plan for the coming year. This will provide a valuable opportunity for participants to inform direction and activities of the platform and to further consider areas of engagement and support described in this paper.
- May 7 LAC Webinars: Building Evidence for INDCs: The MAPS Experience in Chile and Peru. Recording of Event can be accessed at http://ledslac.org/building-evidence-for-indc-the-412
- April 1-3 Convening the Africa LEDS Partnership and Green Growth Knowledge Platform Workshops - Kinshasa, DRC. Please click here for more information.
- 23-24 February 2014 — Work Shop CCAC Municipal Solid Waste Initiative: Mitigating short lived climate pollutants from the municipal solid waste sector http://www.asialeds.org/events/CCAC-MSWI-Surabaya
- 2-3 February 2013 — Working Group Meeting
- 19-20 October 2012 — ACDS Regional Platform Workshop (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)