LEDS Global Partnership Annual Awards Program: Recognizing Outstanding Individual Vision and Action to Advance Climate-Resilient, Low-Emission Development
The LEDS Global Partnership is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the LEDS Global Partnership Annual Awards Program: Recognizing Outstanding Individual Vision and Action to Advance Climate-Resilient, Low-Emission Development.
For the first time, the LEDS Global Partnership will be recognizing key individuals who are advancing Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) in significant ways.
We are requesting your help to nominate individuals who you think have been key in leading and advocating LEDS, specifically by leading LEDS design, acting on LEDS implementation and by achieving results in green growth. Please nominate colleagues, contacts and leaders in the sector - and please share this email with other relevant stakeholders as well. The deadline for nominations is September 5, 2015.
Successful nominees will have demonstrated commitment to the principles of LEDS and green growth; used tools and approaches in effective and innovative ways; consistently reached out to and worked with various stakeholders; taken action at multiple levels of government and society; and shown a personal presence and leadership that is inspiring others to action and can serve as a regional or global model for replication.
There are three award categories.
1. Leading design: Nominees in this category should be conducting planning and analysis, preparing general frameworks and policies, and/or preparing and issuing laws and regulations.
2. Acting on implementation: Nominees in this category will be seeking and securing financing, moving LEDS programs forward in new and unexpected ways, and Integrating national and sub-national actions.
3. Achieving results: Nominees in this category will be driving tangible social, economic, and environmental benefits from LEDS.
Awardees will be recognized at the LEDS Global Partnership Annual Workshop on Implementing LEDS: Innovation and Good Practices in the Dominican Republic, October 14-16, 2015.
Click here to submit a nomination (in one or more categories!), by September 5, 2015 or email email@example.com for additional information.
Thank you in advance for your help,
The LEDS GP Secretariat
ISO Climate Change Standards Strategic Plan
In 2014 the ISO climate change standards committee (ISO TC207 SC7) began development of a strategic plan for the work of the ISO committee. You are invited to review the strategic plan and send comments. Of particular interest for feedback is:
- 1: do you agree with the priorities for new standards?
- 2: do you have any additional suggestions to further enhance ISO's multi-stakeholder process? (e.g. online tools, web-conferencing, more liaison organizations...)
The strategic plan is accessible at http://www.collaborase.com/iso. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2015. Comments will be reviewed at the ISO meetings in Paris, France April 20-24, 2015.