"The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."
"In 1999 the IAEA initiated a multi-agency study on Indicators for Sustainable Energy Development (ISED) to supplement the United Nations Work Programme on Indicators of Sustainable Development (WPISD). Partners include the OECD International Energy Agency (IEA), UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Eurostat, and the European Environment Agency. The interim report was presented in 2001 at the 9th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development in New York."
- Ten New Nuclear Reactors Connected in 2016, Bringing Generating Capacity to Highest Ever
- Ten new reactors were connected to the grid in 2016, according to the 2017 edition of 'Nuclear Power Reactors in the World', published recently.
- 2017-05-25 14:45:00
- African Radiopharmacists Put New Skills to Use
- Radiopharmaceuticals are a key component of nuclear medicine, and are crucial to fighting cancer and several other medical conditions. Their use, however, requires extensive personnel training on p...
- 2017-05-24 10:45:00
- Stable Nitrogen Isotope Helps Scientists Optimize Water, Fertilizer Use
- Experts in a growing number of countries are using a nuclear technique to help farmers increase crop yields, optimize fertilizer use and evaluate varieties of rice, cereals and vegetables for their...
- 2017-05-23 12:00:00
- Insect Pest Control Management Conference Discusses New Techniques and Approaches
- Harmful insect pests can cause billions of dollars' worth of damage to food and livestock and transmit diseases such as malaria or the Zika virus.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.c...
- 2017-05-22 16:30:00
- IAEA Fellows Protect the Marine Environment
- Researchers trained at the IAEA Environment Laboratories in Monaco are applying various nuclear techniques back in their home countries to preserve the marine environment.
- 2017-05-19 10:15:00
- How to Cover Liabilities From Nuclear Accidents: IAEA Workshop Promotes Adherence to International Instruments
- Understanding the basic principles of the international nuclear liability regime was the main objective at the sixth IAEA Workshop on Civil Liability for Nuclear Damage in Vienna last week.
- 2017-05-17 10:30:00
- IAEA Director General Visits Jordan
- IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano congratulated the governments involved in the creation of the SESAME multinational scientific research centre at the opening ceremony today in Allan, Jordan. The...
- 2017-05-17 07:15:00
- IAEA Meeting Focuses on Experiences in Application of Code of Conduct on the Safety of Research Reactors
- Progress in research reactor safety as well as good practices and international cooperation in this field are being discussed at the fourth International Meeting on Application of the Code of Condu...
- 2017-05-16 15:30:00
- Vets in Africa Help Prevent Spread of Ebola and Other Zoonotic Diseases
- An animal as tiny as a bat can carry up to 137 different virus species. Many of these, including Ebola, can be transmitted to humans.
- 2017-05-15 16:00:00
- IAEA Director General Visits Copenhagen and Greenland
- IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano commended the authorities of Greenland for their robust safety and security preparatory work for a possible rare earth and uranium mine that is under considerati...
- 2017-05-12 15:00:00
- International Expert Group on Nuclear Liability (INLEX) Holds 17th Meeting
- The 17th meeting of the International Expert Group on Nuclear Liability (INLEX) was held from 9 to 11 May 2017 at the IAEA Headquarters. INLEX serves as a forum of expertise to explore and advise o...
- 2017-05-11 10:15:00
- Middle East's First Synchrotron to Open in Jordan
- SESAME, the Middle East’s first major international research centre for science application research, will be inaugurated on 16 May.
- 2017-05-11 06:00:00
- Morocco Considers Nuclear Power in Future Energy Mix
- With its electricity consumption expected to increase considerably in the coming years and with a high dependence on imported energy sources, Morocco is evaluating whether nuclear power could be an...
- 2017-05-10 08:00:00
- Improved Safety at Turkey’s TR-2 Research Reactor: IAEA Peer Review Mission Concludes
- The Turkish Atomic Energy Authority (TAEK) has implemented several safety improvements to the TR-2 research reactor in Turkey, including facility modifications to strengthen protection against seis...
- 2017-05-09 13:30:00
- Radiation Oncology Conference Open for Registration
- Radiation professionals can now register to participate in the IAEA's upcoming conference on radiation oncology, which will take place in Vienna, 20-23 June.
- 2017-05-05 15:15:00
- ↑ 
- ↑ "About IAEA"
- ↑ "PESS ISED"