"The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."
"In 1999 the IAEA initiated a multi-agency study on Indicators for Sustainable Energy Development (ISED) to supplement the United Nations Work Programme on Indicators of Sustainable Development (WPISD). Partners include the OECD International Energy Agency (IEA), UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Eurostat, and the European Environment Agency. The interim report was presented in 2001 at the 9th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development in New York."
- IAEA Director General Visit to Moscow, Russia
- IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano is in Moscow, Russia from 16 to 20 May 2013 for a series of high-level meetings with senior Russian officials and to visit key facilities.
- Fri, 17 May 2013 14:56:57 +0000
- Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Environmental Monitoring
- A demonstration of the capabilities of an unmanned aerial vehicle, or drone, was held at IAEA headquarters in Vienna as part of a consultant’s meeting to use such a system in rapid environmental monitoring.
- Fri, 17 May 2013 12:41:13 +0000
- Senior European Officials Visit IAEA Labs in Seibersdorf
- Ambassadors and other diplomats of European Union (EU) countries, senior European Commission (EC) staff and Ambassador Györgyi Martin Zanathy, the Head of the EU Delegation in Vienna, convened at the IAEA Laboratories in Seibersdorf, Austria, to receive in-depth briefings on the science conducted there and on the IAEA’s plans for modernisation of the laboratories on [...]
- Mon, 13 May 2013 16:10:29 +0000
- IAEA Regional Workshop Details Support for Pacific Islands States
- 12 Pacific Island States took part in an IAEA workshop that explained the developmental benefits to be obtained through nuclear science and applications in human health, water resource management, food and agriculture, marine and coastal environment protection, and climate change studies.
- Fri, 03 May 2013 17:24:20 +0000
- Good Advice
- To encourage more young women to pursue careers in the sciences later in life and become interested in the work of the Agency, the IAEA hosted Take Your Daughter to Work Day on 25 April 2013.
- Tue, 30 Apr 2013 16:12:32 +0000
- IAEA Team Completes Initial Review of Japan’s Plans to Decommission Fukushima Daiichi
- An IAEA expert team on 22 April 2013 completed an initial review of Japan’s efforts to plan and implement the decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station.
- Mon, 22 Apr 2013 08:37:59 +0000
- New Masters Programme in Nuclear Security is Launched at Delft University of Technology
- A ceremony launching the first ever Masters Programme in Nuclear Security was held on 18 April 2013 at the Reactor Institute of the Delft University of Technology in the Netherlands, marking the growing importance of security on the global nuclear agenda. In his address at the ceremony, IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano commended this effort [...]
- Thu, 18 Apr 2013 15:22:09 +0000
- IAEA and UNCCD Join Forces to Strengthen Good Soil Management Practices in Dryland Areas
- The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) on 18 April 2013, signed an agreement to collaborate in the use of nuclear technologies to strengthen the assessment of soil erosion and monitor improvements over time.
- Thu, 18 Apr 2013 14:59:37 +0000
- Conference on Regulatory Effectiveness Concludes
- On 12 April 2013, at the conclusion of the International Conference on Nuclear Regulatory Effectiveness, nuclear regulators from over 50 countries called for action to strengthen nuclear regulatory effectiveness and to increase their information sharing.
- Wed, 17 Apr 2013 16:04:45 +0000
- IAEA Experts Start Review of Japan’s Plan to Decommission Reactors at 2011 Accident Site
- Invited by Japan to review the nation’s efforts to plan and implement the decommissioning of TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station, an IAEA expert team began work Monday, 15 April 2013.
- Wed, 17 Apr 2013 14:34:55 +0000
- Iran Informs IAEA Nuclear Facilities are Unharmed by Quake
- The IAEA’s Incident and Emergency Centre (IEC) contacted the Iran Nuclear Regulatory Authority (INRA) concerning the 7.8 magnitude earthquake which occurred at 12:44 UTC today in the south-east of the country.
- Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:29:37 +0000
- IAEA Director General Visits India
- The Director General visited India from 10 to 14 March 2013, which allowed him to hear from Indian policy makers, scientists, researchers and engineers on developments in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy, and to see some of the broad range of India’s own nuclear activities.
- Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:49:37 +0000
- International Conference on Effective Nuclear Regulatory Systems
- During Wednesday’s Emerging Programmes session of the International Conference on Effective Nuclear Regulatory Systems in Ottawa, Canada, nuclear regulators discussed establishing a nuclear security infrastructure.
- Fri, 12 Apr 2013 16:24:21 +0000
- Third International School on Nuclear Security Opens in Trieste
- The International School on Nuclear Security, which opened this week in Trieste, Italy, plays an important role in supporting Member States’ nuclear security programmes.
- Wed, 10 Apr 2013 14:59:14 +0000
- Iran Informs IAEA on Nuclear Power Plant Following Quake
- The IAEA’s International Seismic Safety Centre (ISSC) has notified the Agency’s Incident and Emergency Centre (IEC) that an earthquake struck southern Iran on 9 April 2013 at 11:53 UTC, about 91 kilometres from the Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant.
- Tue, 09 Apr 2013 18:07:07 +0000
- ↑ 
- ↑ "About IAEA"
- ↑ "PESS ISED"