"The IAEA is the world´s center of cooperation in the nuclear field. It was set up as the world´s "Atoms for Peace" organization in 1957 within the United Nations family. The Agency works with its Member States and multiple partners worldwide to promote safe, secure and peaceful nuclear technologies."
"In 1999 the IAEA initiated a multi-agency study on Indicators for Sustainable Energy Development (ISED) to supplement the United Nations Work Programme on Indicators of Sustainable Development (WPISD). Partners include the OECD International Energy Agency (IEA), UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), Eurostat, and the European Environment Agency. The interim report was presented in 2001 at the 9th session of the Commission on Sustainable Development in New York."
- Isotopic Technique Helps Benin Farmers Triple Yields and Improve Livelihoods
- Soybean farmer Leonard Djegui never had the chance to go to school but he has learned two facts about nuclear science in recent years: atoms make up the soil and they have helped triple his income,...
- 2017-07-21 06:45:00
- One IAEA Workshop Boosts Several African Countries' Nuclear and Radiological Emergency Preparedness
- Over 300 professionals across Africa are now prepared to respond to a nuclear or radiological emergency. It all began with an IAEA train-the-trainers workshop in May 2015.<img src="http:...
- 2017-07-20 14:45:00
- Ten Years of Saving Lives: Controlling Cancer in Zambia
- The wards may be full and the waiting times long, but at least the patients at the Cancer Diseases Hospital (CDH) in Lusaka, Zambia have a chance of surviving their illness.<img src="http&#...
- 2017-07-19 15:45:00
- Safety, Health and Energy Publications Top IAEA Bestseller List
- Five safety publications, three publications related to radiotherapy and two books reviewing the status of nuclear energy worldwide were the most sought after IAEA publications in the first half of...
- 2017-07-18 14:30:00
- IAEA Laboratory for Occupational Radiation Monitoring Receives International Accreditation
- The IAEA’s laboratory which provides services to many countries in occupational radiation monitoring has recently earned ISO re-accreditation, testifying that it meets the highest quality and pro...
- 2017-07-14 09:15:00
- Using Information and Communication Technologies to Achieve SDGs: UN Report Features IAEA Initiatives
- An ITU report detailing how information and communication technologies are changing lives and contributing to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) was released today in Genev...
- 2017-07-13 14:45:00
- Cambodian Researchers Use Isotopic Technique to Help Farmers Increase Yields and Revenues
- Poorer farmers who cannot afford to buy enough fertilizer can achieve high yields by using more manure and compost and planting alternative crops between rice growing seasons, Cambodia’s agricult...
- 2017-07-10 15:00:00
- Nuclear Science for Art: Workshop Focuses on Safe Practices
- Radiation is commonly used for detailed analysis as well as preservation of delicate paintings, but it is imperative to ensure that the techniques used do not damage the material being analysed.<...
- 2017-07-06 16:30:00
- Nuclear Emergencies at Sea: Experts Practice Emergency Communication Procedures
- Experts from France, Ireland, Japan, Portugal, Spain and the United Kingdom took part in a simulated table-top exercise on 28 June to practice their transboundary cooperation and communication in e...
- 2017-07-05 14:30:00
- IAEA Director General Acknowledges Bangladesh Progress at Rooppur Nuclear Power Plant
- Bangladesh is making significant progress in the construction of its first nuclear power plant, IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano said during a visit to the country this week.<img src="htt...
- 2017-07-05 11:15:00
- The IAEA's Role in Disaster Risk Reduction Law
- The IAEA has an important mandate and is engaged in a broad array of activities on issues of disaster risk reduction as this relates to the many peaceful applications of atomic energy, said IAEA Le...
- 2017-07-04 17:32:00
- Nuclear Law Course Held in Lima, Peru, 12 to 15 June 2017
- An introductory course on nuclear law was held in Lima, Peru, from 12 to 15 June 2017, with the support of the IAEA.<img src="http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/IaeaTopNews/~4/15xJXx94XZk&q...
- 2017-07-04 17:30:00
- IAEA Director General Highlights IAEA Support for Development During Myanmar Visit
- IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano highlighted the important role of nuclear science and technology in supporting sustainable development in his discussions with State Counsellor and Union Minister...
- 2017-07-03 10:29:00
- Delivering the Right Radiation Dose: Workshop Helps Professionals Integrate Uncertainties
- Dosimetry experts in laboratories and hospitals in 50 countries can now better control the accuracy of radiation measurements, thanks to a recent workshop on Uncertainty Estimations for Radiation M...
- 2017-06-30 17:35:00
- Artificial Insemination Doubles Value of Cambodian Cows, Increasing Farmers' Income
- Rolling out the artificial insemination programme for cattle in Cambodia would open up market opportunities and increase farmers’ income, according to researchers and veterinary officials in the...
- 2017-06-29 14:00:00
- ↑ 
- ↑ "About IAEA"
- ↑ "PESS ISED"