Inter-American Development Bank is an organization based in Washington, D.C..
"We support efforts by Latin America and the Caribbean countries to reduce poverty and inequality. We aim to bring about development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way.
Established in 1959, we are the largest source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean, with a strong commitment to achieve measurable results, increased integrity, transparency and accountability. We have an evolving reform agenda that seeks to increase our development impact in the region.
While we are a regular bank in many ways, we are also unique in some key respects. Besides loans, we also provide grants, technical assistance and do research. Our shareholders are 48 member countries, including 26 Latin American and Caribbean borrowing members, who have a majority ownership of the IDB.
Given our shareholder base and prudent management, we have a strong financial position. As a result, the IDB is able to borrow in international markets at competitive rates and transfer that benefit to our clients in 26 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean."
- IDB Safeguards help promote sustainable growth, study finds
- Harvard University's Zofnass Program reviews the IDB's environmental and social safeguards
- Lowering fiscal and external vulnerability the key to promoting growth in Central America and the Dominican Republic
- IDB Governors from Central America and the Dominican Republic meet in Washington to discuss 2017 economic prospects.
- Crime exacts steep social, public and private costs in Latin America and Caribbean: IDB study
- Study: the steep price Latin America and Caribbean pays for high levels of crime.
- IIC joins efforts with Mind Lab to expand access to innovative educational methodologies in Brazil
- The IIC has signed a BRL$18 million loan with Mind Lab to increase access to innovative educational methodologies in Brazilian schools.
- IDB supports Ecuador in rebuilding electricity infrastructure damaged by earthquake
- IDB will support Ecuador with a US$60 million loan to rebuild the electrical infrastructure of areas affected by April 2016 earthquake
- The Bahamas to improve airport infrastructure with IDB support
- A $35 million loan from the IDB will enhance the connectivity of four airports on the Family Islands.
- Suriname implements rehabilitation program to restore Paramaribos old town with IDB support
- Suriname will launch an urban rehabilitation program in Paramaribo with a $20 million loan from the IDB.
- IIC signs loan with Securepharma in Dominican Republic
- The IIC has signed a US$ 4.1 million loan with The Securepharma Partnership S.R.L. in the Dominican Republic.
- Telefónica, IDB and IIC promote digitalization of the economy in Latin America
- Telefónica and the IDB renewed their alliance to promote digital transformation and socio-economic development programs in Latin America
- Novel Facebook-based survey measures citizen frustration with bureaucracy in Latin America and Caribbean
- Citizens dissatisfied with functioning of their government bureaucracies: Facebook-based study
- IDB Group closes 2016 with approvals totaling $11.7 billion in financing
- IDB Group approved 241 financing operations for $11.7 billion during 2016 for projects in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- IIC finances Argentina's largest wind project
- Argentina diversifies its energy matrix with $200 million loan from IIC to YPF Energía Eléctrica for 100 MW wind farm.
- Jamaica to improve energy efficiency in government facilities, and to promote fuel conservation with better urban traffic management
- IDB and Japan to fund a $30 million project to promote energy efficiency, fuel conservation, and urban traffic management in Jamaica.
- IDB to support criminal justice reform in Guyana to help overcome prison overcrowding
- Guyana justice reform to help ease prison overcrowding with an IDB loan.
- Honduras to improve sustainable management of forests with loan from IDB
- Honduras to improve management of its forests with a $25 million loan from the IDB.
- Brazil to push private investment in clean energy with $750 million in IDB resources
- Brazil will expand long-term credit to finance renewable energy and energy efficiency in the private sector with support from the IDB.
- Dominican Republic to foster Colonial City of Santo Domingos tourism and urban development with IDB support
- The Colonial City of Santo Domingo will help recover public spaces improve living conditions for residents with an IDB loan.
- IDB supports road infrastructure upgrades in Peru
- IDB loan of $80 million will improve the Sierra and jungle areas' access to Peru's main export hubs.
- Jamaica will strengthen its fiscal sustainability with IDB support
- Jamaica will boost its tax revenues and strengthen its fiscal sustainability program for economic growth with a $50 million IDB loan.
- Banco Cooperativo Sicredi supports small rural farmers in Brazil with IIC financing
- IIC provides a US$50 million loan to Banco Cooperativo Sicredi to provide credit for Brazilian small farmers
- Argentina and Chile will begin to develop Agua Negra Tunnel with support from IDB
- IDB loan of $40 million will allow Argentina and Chile to structure the project and finance the final designs of the Agua Negra tunnel.
- Paraguay will increase and diversify exports with IDB support
- Paraguay will launch a program to enhance and diversify exports with support from IDB loan.
- Argentina to boost competitiveness of productive sector with Single Window for Foreign Trade
- IDB approves loan for creation of platform that will streamline trade and investment operations in Argentina.
- Latin American and Caribbean exports will contract around 50 billion dollars in 2016
- The region's exports are expected to fall 6 percent, in 2016, a lower contraction rate compared to 2015.
- Barbados to improve energy security and diversify the energy mix with a US$34 million IDB loan
- IDB loan to help Barbados with cleaner energy future, to reach its current natural gas demands, and to create a regional LNG supply chain.
- Paraguay to finance construction and access to housing with IDB support
- Paraguay will boost housing loans for the emerging middle class and financing for developers with a loan from the IDB.
- IDB supports justice reform in Guatemala to fight impunity
- A $60 million loan sought by the Government of Guatemala and approved by the IDB will help the Public Ministry reduce impunity.
- El Salvador will improve tax and customs management with IDB support
- El Salvador will improve electronic tax returns and invoice filing efficiency with an IDB loan.
- Chile launches first Gender Parity Initiative with Inter-American Development Bank and World Economic Forum support
- Chile launches the first Gender Parity Initiative in the region with concrete economic measures
- Accelerating quality improvement continues to be the main challenge for education across Latin America and the Caribbean IDB
- International PISA 2015 tests results for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- ↑ "IRD"