Inter-American Development Bank is an organization based in Washington, D.C..
"We support efforts by Latin America and the Caribbean countries to reduce poverty and inequality. We aim to bring about development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way.
Established in 1959, we are the largest source of development financing for Latin America and the Caribbean, with a strong commitment to achieve measurable results, increased integrity, transparency and accountability. We have an evolving reform agenda that seeks to increase our development impact in the region.
While we are a regular bank in many ways, we are also unique in some key respects. Besides loans, we also provide grants, technical assistance and do research. Our shareholders are 48 member countries, including 26 Latin American and Caribbean borrowing members, who have a majority ownership of the IDB.
Given our shareholder base and prudent management, we have a strong financial position. As a result, the IDB is able to borrow in international markets at competitive rates and transfer that benefit to our clients in 26 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean."
- IDB helps thousands of SMEs from the region to do business with China
- The 10th China-LAC Business Summit focused on supporting SMEs to expand trade ties and business making.
- Uruguay will implement program to improve secondary education access and quality with IDB support
- Uruguay to implement program that will help improve secondary education with IDB support.
- IDB supports program to reduce deaths caused by non-communicable chronic diseases in Argentina
- IDB supports program to reduce deaths caused by non-communicable chronic diseases in Argentina.
- Honduras to launch Ciudad Mujer with IDB support
- The IDB has approved two loans totaling $20 million to implement the Ciudad Mujer program in Honduras.
- Habitat III: Multilateral Development Banks from around the world collaborate to support New Urban Agenda
- MDB's expressing their commitment to promote equitable, sustainable, productive urbanization and urban communities during Habitat III.
- IDB President, experts to talk to members of media accredited to the Habitat III Conference in Quito, Ecuador
- Habitat, the main global conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development, is being held for the first time in Latin America.
- IDB Board of Governors Approves the Transfer of the Net Assets of the Fund for Special Operations to the Resources of the Ordinary Capital to Strengthen and Sustain Concessional Assistance
- IDB Governors approve transfer of Fund for Special Operations to Ordinary Capital
- IDB report recommends ways public sector innovation labs can improve impact in Latin America and the Caribbean
- An IDB study shows how public sector innovation labs can function better in Latin America
- IDB President Luis Alberto Moreno offers support to The Bahamas in wake of Hurricane Matthew
- IDB expresses support for the people and authorities of The Bahamas in the wake of Hurricane Matthew.
- Capturing land value, key to Latin American cities development
- IDB study offers ways to finance sustainable urban growth by capturing land value in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- IDB celebrated the third Venture Night featuring 12 startups from Latin America and the Caribbean
- A Colombian startup that teaches teenagers and children how to code won the top prize
- Heads of Regional Development Banks welcome report by Center for Global Development
- Heads of Regional Development Banks welcome report by Center for Global Developments High-Level Panel on Multilateral Development Banking.
- IDB President Luis Alberto Moreno pledges support for Haiti in wake of Hurricane Matthew
- IDB expresses solidarity to the people and authorities of Haiti for the loss of life and injuries caused by Hurricane Matthew.
- MIF and Swiss Government partner to launch the first Social Impact Bond fund in Colombia
- MIF and Switzerland Expand Employment Opportunities in Colombia through Social Impact Bond Partnership.
- Committees of the Boards of Governors of IDB and IIC back advancing towards MIF replenishment
- The Committees of the Boards of Governors of the IDB and IIC back the need for a $300 million MIF replenishment.
- IDB presents NDC Invest, a comprehensive platform to support climate commitment implementation
- IDB announced the creation of NDC Invest, a platform to help the countries of the region convert their climate commitments into investment.
- Finance ministers discuss deeper regional integration to stimulate growth and development in LAC
- Finance ministers and IDB, IMF, WB and U.S. Treasury discuss policy options for relaunching regional integration to stimulate growth.
- IDB supports improvements in the management of electricity demand in Colombias Caribbean coast
- The program will improve management of electricity demand in the Archipelago of San Andres, Providencia and Santa Catalina in Colombia.
- Porto Alegre Municipality to improve education quality with $80.8 million IDB loan
- Porto Alegre Municipality in Brazil will improve education quality with $80.8 million IDB loan.
- IDB supports Argentinas Ministry of Treasury and Public Finances institutional strengthening program
- IDB approved a $13 million loan to help finance an institutional strengthening program in Argentina.
- Agricultural exports from LAC to China could grow by almost 10% with a tariff reduction, according to IDB study
- The IDB publishes study that reveals trade barriers between China and Latin America.
- CIAT, IDB, OECD - Latin America and the Caribbean: Low personal income taxes lead to lower taxes on wages compared with OECD
- New report produced jointly by the CIAT, IDB, OECD focus on taxes on labour income of the average worker in Latin American and Caribbean.
- IDB and government of Argentina launch Security Week to discuss crime and violence in Latin America and Caribbean
- Argentina: 8th Annual Security Week for officials and experts to discuss crime and violence in Latin America and Caribbean
- IDB Issues New Education, Youth and Employment (EYE) Bond
- The Inter-American Development Bank issued a $50 million 3-year fixed-rate note under its EYE Bond program.
- Presidents of El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras reaffirm commitment to work together to create opportunities and prosperity in dialogue with the region´s private sector
- Presidents of El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, US VP Biden and President Moreno reaffirm support for the Northern Triangle plan.
- IDB and Maná announce the winner of the the ¿Dónde jugarán los niños (Where Will the Children Play) contest
- The IDB, Maná and the Selva Negra foundation announced the winner of the ¿Donde jugarán los niños video contest
- The Presidents of El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras and the Vice President of the United States to meet at the Inter-American Development Bank on Friday, September 23
- Meeting of the Presidents of the Northern Triangle and US Vice President Sept. 23: Media Update
- The IIC funds Eastern Perimeter Highway in Cundinamarca, Colombia
- The project will improve connectivity and road safety in the Colombian departments of Meta, Cundinamarca and Boyaca.
- IDB supports formalization of rural properties in Bolivia
- The $60 million project will benefit 490,000 families and indigenous communities in La Paz, Potosi and Cochabamba.
- Uruguay to diversify energy matrix with IIC loans to solar PV plants
- Uruguay to diversify energy matrix with $25.2 million loan from IIC to Solaria Energia for two solar energy plants.
- ↑ "IRD"