India-US EPA Climate Change Cooperation
"Methane to Markets (M2M) India is a founding partner, along with the U.S., of the International Methane to Markets Partnership . EPA is supporting new bilateral projects launched in India addressing all four M2M sectors, including through EPA’s:
- AgStar Program
- Coalbed Methane Outreach Program
- Landfill Methane Outreach Program
- Natural Gas Star International Program
Asia-Pacific Partnership for Clean Development and Climate (APP) India is also among the partner countries involved in the Asia Pacific Partnership for Climate Change (APP) . EPA is engaged in projects with India advanced through the APP Buildings and Appliance Working Group and the Cement Working Group. EPA is also supporting a cross-sector project working with Indian and U.S. partners to support a Climate Leaders-type program in India.
Other Climate Projects EPA bilateral engagement with with India on Climate Change have also included cooperative projects on:
- Integrated Environmental Strategies (IES)
- Forestry and Carbon Sequestration (FORCLIMIT India)
- Development of industry sector tools for Facility Level GHG Emission Inventory covering the Cement Industry and Coal-Fired Power Plant"
Other EPA programs in India include air quality, water quality and environmental governance programs.