Greenhouse Gas Training Program for Inventory and Mitigation Modeling
Jointly sponsored by Greenhouse Gas Inventory & Research (GIR) Center of Korea and Ministry of Environment, Republic of Korea Jointly conducted by GIR Korea and Environmental Human Resources Development (EHRD), this 4-week training program aimed at improving capacity building in developing countries (non-Annex I) to combat climate change issues. It is meaningful in that this is the first international training program in Korea on greenhouse gas, and the program is intended to enhance international environmental cooperation and to spread “Low Carbon, Green Growth” strategies on greenhouse gas inventory and mitigation models.
The program is also designed to expand expert networks and to build a foundation for international cooperation with developing countries for GHG inventories and mitigation.
The topics include, but are not limited to:
• Understanding types and characteristics of Greenhouse Gas (GHG)
• Learning methods of calculating emissions in various sectors
• Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC)
• Calculation Methods by sectors
• Becoming familiar with industrial processes
• Methodology for GHG inventory compilation