U.S. OpenLabs - Technology Data
(Redirected from Gateway:U.S. National Labs/Cost and Performance Data)
Where can I find cost and performance characterizations of clean energy technologies?
There are a number of data resources available from the US National Labs which can assist in the development of viable clean energy projects as well as inform planning and policy decisions internationally. The data sources listed below provide general cost and performance trends for clean energy technologies, which although drawn from U.S. datasets can also be indicative of international trends.
Data Books provide cost and performance characterizations for a number of clean energy technologies.
- NREL Renewable Energy Databook - 2009
- NREL Renewable Energy Databook - 2008
- Power Technologies Energy Data Book
- Transportation Energy Data Book
- Biomass Energy Data Book
- Buildings Energy Data Book
- Hydrogen Data Book
- Marine and Hydrokinetic Technology Database
Technology Roadmaps provide analysis of potential pathways for clean energy technologies. Roadmaps often cover technology trends, barriers, strategies and next steps. Click here to learn more about technology roadmaps.
- National Algal Biofuels Technology Roadmap
- Plant/Crop-based Renewable Resources 2020 Technology Roadmap
- High Performance Commercial Buildings Technology Roadmap 1999
- Vision 2020: Lighting Technology Roadmap
- Window Industry Technology Roadmap
- Clean Coal
- This NREL webpage presents a chart published in May 2009 indicating the recent cost estimates for renewable and other energy technologies.
- This webpage includes market data for renewable energy technologies and programs, presented in individual reports for each area. Data includes market penetration; industry trends; cost, price, and performance trends; policy and market drivers; as well as future outlook.
- Open PV provides a web-based resource for users to add their own PV installation data, browse PV data entered by others, and view statistics from the data that show current and recent trends of the PV market in the U.S.
- The PV Value Clearinghouse is a searchable database of analyses of distributed PV power applications.