Freedom Field is a not-for-profit research and demonstration organization based in Rockford, Illinois.
Freedom Field: Purpose & Mission
The role of the organization is to facilitate the development and operation of a center demonstrating a variety renewable energy solutions. The ultimate goal of Freedom Field is to increase awareness of renewable energy opportunities, particularly at the regional-level, and to facilitate development and commercialization of renewable energy solutions.
More specifically, Freedom Field was designed to:
- Install & characterize renewable energy technologies
- Produce operational data for analysis
- Integrate and test complementary technologies as viable systems
- Optimize for production, installation, and service
- Develop regional projects that use these technologies and systems
- Create education and outreach programs
- PV Solar Panel Installation 12.3 Kw PRW
- Windspire Vertical Axis 1.2 Kw
- Live Data from Solar Air Conditioning
- Staging Panel
- Thermal Solar Installation Roof
- Radiant Floor Heater
- Absorption Cooling System
- Bi-Directional Electrical Storage (Chemical Battery)System 800 amp hours
On-Site Data, Collected Every 5 Minutees
You can view a live data dashboard at Freedom Field by clicking here.
You can also download a sample dataset from OpenEI's Datasets section that includes all monitored data from Freedom Field for one 24-hour period (June 14, 2011).