Chain Stores and Franchises Program
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
Focus on Energy offers financial incentives to eligible business customers who install many types of qualifying energy efficient equipment in existing buildings. The program offers both prescriptive incentives for a variety of specific improvements and custom incentives for improvements that do not fall under any of the prescriptive listings. In order to receive awards participants must be a customer of a participating electric or gas utility (i.e., participating gas utility for gas incentives and participating electric utility for electricity incentives). In addition, the Chain Stores and Franchises Program is applicable only to businesses with five or more facilities or franchise locations within Wisconsin. Chains or franchises must be retail, food service, or food sales based. Businesses that do not fit this description may be eligible for the Small Business Program, the Large Energy Users Program or the Business Incentives Program.
Below is a list of equipment categories for which incentives are available, with short descriptions of some eligible technologies. Interested parties should see the program web site for incentive amounts and more detailed qualifying criteria. Application periods run from April 1-March 31 of each year.
- Business: PC Network Energy Management Controls; High Efficiency Vending Machines and Vending Machine Controls; Loading Dock Seals and LED Light Fixtures; High Efficiency Food Service Equipment; Kitchen Hood Ventilation Controls; High Efficiency Pre-Rinse Spray Valve
- HVAC: High Efficiency Boilers and Boilers Plants; Boiler Controls and Combustion Management Systems; Energy Recovery Ventilators; Condensing Unit Heaters; Variable Frequency Drives
- Lighting: LED Lamps and Ceramic Metal Halide Lamps and Fixtures; High Efficiency, Low Glare Recessed Fixtures; High Performance and Reduced Wattage T8 Systems; Pulse Start Metal Halides; Lighting Controls - Occupancy and Daylighting; High-Bay Fluorescent Fixtures; Compant Fluorescent Fixtures
- Refrigeration Systems: Anti-Sweat Heater Controls; Efficient Reach-In Case Door; LED Reach-In Case Lighting and Occupancy Sensors; Evaporator and/or Condenser Fan ECM Motors; Night Curtains; Beverage Cooler Controls; Floating Head Pressure Controls
To obtain custom incentives, interested applicants must work with a Focus on Energy adviser to obtain pre-approval for projects prior to purchasing and installing the equipment. All equipment must be new, and existing equipment must be removed (and preferably recycled). Projects with less than a 1.5 year payback are not eligible, and projects with payback of 10 years or longer may be subject to case-by-case eligibility determinations. Custom incentives must be between 10% and 30% of project costs, and are limited to $250,000 per project. An individual customer may receive up to $500,000 for prescriptive and custom projects combined per calendar year.
|Contact Name||Focus on Energy|
|Department||Focus on Energy|
|Address||1 S Pinckney St., Suite 340|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.