Environment and Development Action in the Third World (ENDA-TM)
"Environment and Development Action in the Third World (ENDA-TM) is an international non-profit organisation based in Dakar, Senegal. Founded in 1972, ENDA is an association of autonomous entities co-ordinated by an Executive Secretariat. ENDA's worldwide representation includes: twenty-four teams at the Dakar headquarters each working on development and environment themes; twenty-one poles in Southern countries: fourteen in Africa, five in South America, two in Asia; a European delegation; Japanese representation to follow soon. Enda collaborates with grassroots groups in search of alternative development models on the basis of the experience, expectations and objectives of marginalised peoples. This mutual commitment translates as:
- presence at all levels of decision-making and action;
- development of replicable models of progress, uniting action, research, training and communication;
- involving intellectuals and professionals in defining and implementing development models for the majority and the least privileged;
- fighting poverty, this is the primary principle behind Enda activities;
- involvement in international debates to render third world positions visible and influential."