ECOWAS Clean Energy Gateway-Technology Data
From Open Energy Information
Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Clean Energy Gateway
Where can I find cost and performance characterizations of clean energy technologies?What resources are available to evaluate my given technology?What resources are available to help me determine the market impacts of technology implementation?Are there technology data available for my country?What are examples of current clean energy market analyses?
Are there technology market analyses available for my country?
- Search Technology Market Analysis Resources
- Search Technology Characterization Databases
There are a number of data resources available internationally which can assist in the development of viable clean energy projects as well as inform program and policy decisions.
General Technology Overviews
Featured Data Sources
Technology Cost and Performance
- NREL Renewable Energy Databook - 2008
- This databook provide cost and performance characterizations for a number of clean energy technologies
- US Department of Energy - Energy Technology Cost and Performance Data
- These data indicates the range of recent cost estimates for renewable energy and other technologies.
- Energy Technology Cost and Performance Comparative Graph
- This NREL webpage presents a graph published in May 2009 indicating the recent cost estimates and capacity factors for renewable and other energy technologies.
Marine and Hydrokinetic Technology
Market Analysis and Technology Roadmaps
- Market Data for Renewable Energy Projects and Programs at NREL
- This webpage includes market data for renewable energy technologies and programs, presented in individual reports for each area. Data includes market penetration; industry trends; cost, price, and performance trends; policy and market drivers; as well as future outlook.
- High Performance Commercial Buildings Technology Roadmap
- Vision 2020: Lighting Technology Roadmap
- Window Industry Technology Roadmap
- Geothermal Heat Pumps: Market Status, Barriers to Adoption, and Actions to Overcome Barriers
- This study from Oak Ridge National Laboratory addresses the issue that Geothermal heat pumps (GHPs), sometimes called ground-source heat pumps, have been proven capable of producing large reductions in energy use and peak demand in buildings but have received little attention at the policy level as an important component of a national strategy.
- Open PV Project
- Open PV provides a web-based resource for users to add their own PV installation data, browse PV data entered by others, and view statistics from the data that show current and recent trends of the PV market in the U.S.
- Parabolic-Trough Technology Roadmap
- Photovoltaics (PV) Value Clearinghouse
- The PV Value Clearinghouse is a searchable database of analyses of distributed PV power applications.
- Solar Energy Market Forecast
- SolarPaces International CSP Project Information
- Solar Power and Chemical Energy Systems (SolarPaces) works with member countries to compile data on concentrating solar power (CSP) projects around the world including parabolic trough, linear Fresnel reflector, power tower, and dish/engine systems that have plants that are either operational, under construction, or under development.
- U.S. Department of Energy PV Roadmaps
- U.S. Department of Energy Solar Energy Technologies Program
- U.S. Photovoltaic Industry Roadmap
Country-Specific Technology Data
Example Clean Energy Market Analysis
|Topic||Data Needs and Sources||Analysis Tools and Methods||Example Products/Outputs|
|Technology Cost and Performance||Technology Cost and Performance Data Toolkit,||IEA Energy Technology Roadmaps, NREL Market Analysis||IEA Technology Roadmap for Wind Energy, China 2050 Wind Technology Roadmap (work in progress), 2008 Solar Technologies Market Report Chapter 3|
|Technology specific analysis - EnergyPlus Weather Data, financial and economic inputs, incentives, system performance, cost||SAM||2008 Solar Technologies Market Report Chapter 3 SAM outputs - Levelized cost of energy, power purchase price, rate of return, payback period and net present value, predictions of system performance, annual cash flow|
|Installations and Infrastructure||Current installation data, grid and transmission capacity||NREL Market Analysis||2008 Solar Technologies Market Report Chapter 1|
|Industry Trends||Production and manufacturing data, supply chain data, import/export market data, employment data, cost, price and performance trends||NREL Market Analysis||2008 Solar Technologies Market Report Chapter 2|
|Policy, Regulations and Market Drivers||Energy policies and regulation/legal environment,local content requirements, availability of credit to start companies||NREL Market Analysis||2008 Solar Technologies Market Report Chapter 4|
|Investments and Future Outlook||Private sector, number of energy service providers, international investment – donors, pubic-private, etc.||NREL Market Analysis||2008 Solar Technologies Market Report Chapter 5, Corporate Clean Energy Investment Trends in Brazil, China, India and South Africa, Pursuing Clean Energy Business in India|
Country-Specific Market Analyses
Search Technology Characterization Resources by Sector