LBNL China Energy Group
(Redirected from China Energy Analysis)
"While daunting, the challenge of meeting China's energy needs presents a wealth of opportunities, particularly in meeting demand through improved energy efficiency."
"The China Energy Group at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is committed to understanding those opportunities, and to exploring their implications for policy and business. We work collaboratively with energy researchers, suppliers, regulators, and consumers in China and elsewhere to better understand the dynamics of energy use in China, to develop and enhance the capabilities of Chinese institutions that promote energy efficiency, and to create links between Chinese and international institutions."
"The China Energy Group of LBNL can provide technical assistance to China related to development and implementation of energy-efficiency technologies, policies, and programs in the buildings (including appliances) and industrial sectors as a means to reduce GHG emissions while advancing economic development. The target audiences from government and university research institutes, industrial associations and technical organizations, local and provincial energy conservation officials and centers, and policy-makers at all levels (a partial list of the China Energy Group’s collaborators in China is provided at the end of this text. The China Energy Group has many on-going, long-term relationships with professionals from such institutes and organizations, as well as with multilateral organizations working in China such as the IEA, World Bank, UN Development Program."
"LBNL’s China Energy Group can contribute to or participate in efforts related to Low Carbon Clean Energy Growth Strategies, Clean Energy and GHG Mitigation Assessment, Policy and Deployment Program Best Practices, Workforce Development, and Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification. Our expertise includes":
- Modeling alternative future scenarios using China End-Use Energy Model.
- Providing expert assistance to share international best practices in buildings, appliances, and industrial energy efficiency.
- Development of energy efficiency best practice reports and methods, including benchmarking tools.
- Training Chinese colleagues in the development of standards, modeling, technical analysis, energy-efficiency or mitigation potential analyses, benchmarking.
LBNL China Energy Group Collaborators in China:
- Beijing Development and Reform Commission (BDRC)
- Beijing Energy Efficiency Center (BECon)
- Beijing Science and Technology Commission (BSTC)
- Beijing Sustainable Development Center (BSDC)
- China Academy of Building Research (CABR)
- Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS)
- China Administration of Quality, Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ)
- China Building Materials Academy (CBMA)
- China Cement Association (CCA)
- China Energy Conservation Association (CECA)
- China Energy Conservation Investment Corporation (CECIC)
- China Household Electrical Appliances Research Institute (CHEARI)
- China Iron & Steel Research Institute (CISRI)
- China Iron &Steel Association (CISA)
- China National Institute of Standardization (CNIS)
- China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC)
- China Petrochemical Corporation (Sinopec)
- China Standard Certification Center (CSC)
- Development Research Center (DRC), State Council
- Energy Efficiency Bureau (EEB), Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Construction (MOHURD)
- Energy Research Institute (ERI)
- Institute of Technical Information for the Building Materials Industry of China (ITIBMIC)
- Ministry of Environmental Protection (MEP)
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA)
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT)
- Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST)
- Nanjing/Jiangsu Energy Conservation Center (NECC)
- National Building Energy Efficiency Commission (NBEEC)
- National Bureau of Statistics (NBS)
- National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC)
- Peking University (PKU)
- Research Institute for Fiscal Science (RIFS), Ministry of Finance (MOF)
- Research Institute of Standards and Norms (RISN), Ministry of Housing and Urban-Rural Construction (MOHURD)
- Shandong University (SDU)
- Shanghai Economic Commission (SEC)
- Shanghai Energy Conservation Service Center (SECSC)
- Shanghai Energy Conservation Supervision Center (SECSC)
- Shanghai Pacific Energy Center (SPEC)
- State Power Economic Research Center (SPERC)
- Tsinghua University (THU)
Mark Levine "Energy Use in Chinese Buildings: Views of an Outsider Looking In" -study of building efficiency vs. increasing energy use in north China buildings (2/26/2010)