Category:Community Wind Handbook
The Community Wind Handbook is designed to provide guidance for the siting and development activities required to develop a wind project in your community. The term “community wind” can have more than one definition. The term is typically policy oriented, with the definition centering around project ownership. Our definition is more simplified; the audience for this handbook is broad, and the intent is to educate any local community member who is considering leading the development efforts for a wind project, regardless of the ownership or business model.
There are many steps in the development process. Although some are sequential and many can happen in parallel, attention to detail is required for each step. Another requirement for a successful project is a well-defined communications plan with local stakeholders throughout the process. Although each project will have its own unique aspects, following the common steps below will ensure a successful project.
See the Community Wind Handbook home page for chapter outlines.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Community Wind Handbook (1 categories) 35 pages
Pages in category "Community Wind Handbook"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Community Wind Handbook
- Community Wind Handbook/Assess Your Wind Resource
- Community Wind Handbook/Calculate Simple Payback
- Community Wind Handbook/Conduct a Feasibility Study
- Community Wind Handbook/Conduct a Wind Resource Estimate
- Community Wind Handbook/Conduct Siting Due Diligence
- Community Wind Handbook/Engage with Neighbors
- Community Wind Handbook/Engage with the Community
- Community Wind Handbook/Find an Installer
- Community Wind Handbook/Identify Motivation for the Project
- Community Wind Handbook/Know Policies Incentives
- Community Wind Handbook/Learn Project Economics Tools
- Community Wind Handbook/Plan for Maintenance
- Community Wind Handbook/Plan Interconnection
- Community Wind Handbook/Purchase Equipment
- Community Wind Handbook/Research Financing Options
- Community Wind Handbook/Research Interconnecting behind Your Meter
- Community Wind Handbook/Research Project Economics & Financing
- Community Wind Handbook/Research Turbine Models
- Community Wind Handbook/Secure Power Purchase Agreements
- Community Wind Handbook/Select and Procure Turbine
- Community Wind Handbook/Select the Final Design & System Specifications
- Community Wind Handbook/Submit Permit Applications
- Community Wind Handbook/Understand Construction Process
- Community Wind Handbook/Understand Operations Maintenance
- Community Wind Handbook/Understand Ordinances Zoning Permitting
- Community Wind Handbook/Understand Permitting & Zoning
- Community Wind Handbook/Understand Preliminary Siting
- Community Wind Handbook/Understand Your Energy Use and Costs
- Community Wind Handbook/Understand Your Wind Resource and Conduct a Preliminary Estimate
- Community Wind Handbook/What Is a Large Community Wind Project
- Community Wind Handbook/What Is a Small Community Wind Project