Carbon Dioxide Sequestration (West Virginia)
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
|Applies to States or Provinces||West Virginia|
|Name||Carbon Dioxide Sequestration (West Virginia)|
|Policy Category||Other Policy|
|Policy Type||Environmental Regulations, Fees, Safety and Operational Guidelines, Siting and Permitting|
|Affected Technologies||Coal with CCS|
|Program Administrator||West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection|
The purpose of this law is to:
- Establish a legal and regulatory framework for the permitting of carbon dioxide sequestration operations;
- Designate a state agency responsible for establishing standards and rules for the permitting of carbon dioxide sequestration operations including, but not limited to, rules pertaining to:
- Environmental surveillance of carbon dioxide sequestration operations;
- The monitoring of geologic migration of carbon dioxide and the detection of carbon dioxide excursions;
- Construction standards for carbon dioxide sequestration operations;
- Bonding or other financial assurances; and
- The closure of carbon dioxide sequestration operations, including post-closure monitoring, verification and maintenance; and to
- With the aid of a carbon dioxide sequestration working group, develop a long-term strategy for the regulation of carbon dioxide sequestration.
Authorities (Please contact the if there are any file problems.)
|Authority 1:||22 CSR 11A|