California Department of Transportation
California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) is an organization based in Sacramento, California: Energy Resources, United States: Energy Resources. Caltrans ties together community involvement and transportation services to provide a safe travel environment. The mission, vision, and goals shape this agency to serve public peoples, protect natural resources, and transport public goods.
Provide a safe, sustainable, integrated and efficient transportation system to enhance California’s economy and livability
A performance-driven, transparent and accountable organization that values its people, resources and partners, and meets new challenges through leadership, innovation and teamwork
- Safety and Health
- Provide a safe transportation system for workers and users, and promote health through active transportation and reduced pollution in communities.
- Stewardship and Efficiency
- Money counts. Responsibly manage California’s transportation-related assets.
- Sustainability, Livability and Economy
- Make long lasting, smart mobility decisions that improve the environment, support a vibrant economy, and build communities, not sprawl.
- System Performance
- Utilize leadership, collaboration and strategic partnerships to develop an integrated transportation system that provides reliable and accessible mobility for travelers.
- Organizational Excellence
- Be a national leader in delivering quality service through excellent employee performance, public communication, and accountability.
- We promote trust and accountability through our consistent and honest actions
- We are dedicated to public service and strive for excellence and customer satisfaction
- We inspire and motivate one another through effective communication, collaboration and partnership
- We are empowered to seek creative solutions and take intelligent risks
Products and Services
- Road and weather conditions
- Submit damage claims
- Traffic Alerts
- Quarterly Comprehensive Project Report
- Rights-of-way Permits
- Ongoing projects
Traffic Operations, Encroachment Permits Contact
- Thomas Franklin
Encroachment, Oversize Contact
- Kien Le