CT Clean Energy Communities (Connecticut)
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Rules Regulations Policies Program
|Name||CT Clean Energy Communities|
|Incentive Type||Green Power Purchasing|
|Applicable Sector||Local Government|
|Eligible Technologies||Photovoltaics, Small Wind, Solar Water Heat, Wind|
|Energy Category|| Renewable Energy Incentive Programs
|Percent Renewables|| 18% by 2020
|Date added to DSIRE||2006-06-21|
|Last DSIRE Review||2013-01-18|
| Last Substantive Modification
to Summary by DSIRE
The Clean Energy Communities program, offered by the Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority and the Connecticut Energy Efficiency Fund, offers incentives for communities that pledge their support for energy efficiency and clean, renewable energy.
In order to participate in the program, a municipality must meet three requirements:
1. The municipality must make the Municipal Energy Efficiency Pledge and reduce municipal building energy consumption 20% from baseline levels by 2018.
2. Commit to the Municipal Clean, Renewable Energy Pledge and purchase 20% of municipal buildings’ energy use by 2018 from renewable sources;
3. Achieve milestones in support of energy efficiency and clean, renewable energy. Communities receive energy efficiency points or renewable energy points depending on the milestones achieved.
Once communities earn 100 energy efficiency points, they are eligible for a Bright Idea Grant ranging from $5,000 to $15,000. Once they earn 100 renewable energy points, they are eligible for a clean energy system equivalent to 1 kilowatt (kW) of solar PV.
* Additional criteria apply. See the program web site for details.
|Contact Name||Information - CCEF|
|Department||Connecticut Clean Energy Fund|
|Address||865 Brook Street|
|Place||Rocky Hill, Connecticut|
|Phone|| (860) 563-0015
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.