Azusa Light & Water - Solar Partnership Program (California)
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Azusa Light & Water - Solar Partnership Program|
|Incentive Type||Utility Rebate Program|
|Applicable Sector||Commercial, Residential|
|Energy Category||Renewable Energy Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Program is fully subscribed for fiscal year 2013-2014. New applicants will be placed on a wait list.|
|Eligible System Size||Minimum system size of 1 kW|
|Equipment Requirements||PV equipment must be UL-listed and appear on the California Energy Commission's list of eligible modules and inverters. Systems must have a 20-year warranty (minimum) on modules against failure at industry standards, and a 10-year warranty (minimum) against breakdown on balance of system components.|
|Installation Requirements||Installer must be a properly licensed California contractor with an active A, B, C-10 or C-46 license|
|Maximum Incentive||50% of system cost|
|Ownership of Renewable Energy Credits||Utility|
|Program Administrator||Azusa Light & Water|
|References||DSIREDatabase of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency|
Azusa Light & Water provides rebates to customers who install photovoltaic (PV) systems through the utility's Solar Partnership Program. The rebate amount for 2013 is $1.55 per rated watt. As a condition of receiving the rebate, customers must transfer ownership of all renewable energy credits (REC) associated with the system. If the customer elects to retain ownership of the RECs, the customer will receive not receive a rebate. Customers may lease the system from a third party and still qualify for a rebate if the following conditions are met:
- The term of the lease is at least 20 years.
- The system is operated at the expected generation capacity for the full 20-year term.
- The customer has an opportunity to own the system after the 20-year term.
- The lease payments may not be based on energy production from the equipment, which could be interpreted as a retail sale of electricity.
- The incentive payment will be paid directly to the customer, not the third party.
|Contact Name||Paul Reid|
|Department||Azusa Light & Water|
|Address||PO Box 9500|
|Phone 2||(626) 812-5125|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.