Alameda Municipal Power - Residential Energy Efficiency Grant Program (California)
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Alameda Municipal Power - Residential Energy Efficiency Program|
|Incentive Type||Utility Grant Program|
|Applicable Sector||Low-Income Residential, Multi-Family Residential, Residential|
|Eligible Technologies||Building Insulation, Caulking/Weather-stripping, Comprehensive Measures/Whole Building|
|Energy Category||Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Weatherization: 80% of the cost |
Do-It-Yourself Weatherization: 70% of the cost
|Equipment Requirements|| The primary source of heat must be permanently installed electric heat (at least 70%)|
All work must be approved by AMP and meet safety and quality guidelines.
|Maximum Incentive|| Single family, duplex, or triplex: $960 per unit|
Multi-family dwelling (four or more units): $480 per unit.
|Program Administrator||Alameda Municipal Power|
|Date added to DSIRE||2006-06-19|
|Last DSIRE Review||2013-01-11|
Alameda Municipal Power (AMP) offers a grant to help its residential customers who have electric heat weatherize homes to increase efficiency. To participate, customers must complete and send in a Weatherization Cash Grant Application Form with landlord signature if applicant is a tenant. A pre-installation audit is required. Customers may call any contractor with a City of Alameda Business License to get an itemized bid. The completed project must be inspected by AMP and a copy of the paid invoice provided to AMP. AMP will then pay the contractor 80% of the cost up to $960 per single family unit or $480 per multifamily unit. The contractor will bill the customer or the landlord for the remaining 20%. All insulation and equipment requirements must be met in order to be eligible. AMP will also cover up to 70% of the project cost for customers who personally weatherize homes. Information for the Do-It-Yourself Weatherization Program is on the program web site listed above. Contact AMP regarding equipment and insulation requirements.
|Contact Name||Energy Management Supervisor|
|Department||Alameda Municipal Power|
|Address||2000 Grand Street|
|Address 2||P.O. Box H|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.