Aiken Electric Cooperative Inc - Residential Water Heater Rebate Program (South Carolina)
This is the approved revision of this page, as well as being the most recent.
Last modified on February 12, 2015.
Financial Incentive Program
|Name||Aiken Electric Cooperative Inc - Residential Water Heater Rebate Program|
|Incentive Type||Utility Rebate Program|
|Eligible Technologies||Water Heaters|
|Energy Category||Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs|
|Amount|| Free high efficiency water Heater; $200 installation fee|
Water heater and timer with normal installation: $2.50 credit for 10 years
|References||Database of State Incentives for Renewables and Efficiency|
Aiken Electric Cooperative offers residential members rebates for installing high-efficiency electric water heaters and/or timers in their homes. Customers have four rebate options:
- A member may choose a free, new high-efficiency 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater from AEC without a timer and pay a $200 installation fee. You can either pay the installation fee up front or take up to 36 months to pay by having a monthly payment amount added to your electric bill. A 9.9% interest rate will apply.
- A member may choose a free, new high-efficiency 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater from AEC with a timer and receive free installation AND a $2.50 per month credit for 10 years.
- A member may choose to have a timer only installed on their existing electric water heater and receive a $200 cash payment from AEC and a $2.50 per month credit for 10 years.
- For building an all electric, energy-efficient, new construction contract home, the member/buyer will receive $250 cash.
For more information see web site.
|Contact Name||Aiken Electric Cooperative|
|Department||Aiken Electric Cooperative|
|Address||2790 Wagener Rd|
|Address 2||P.O Box 417|
|Place||Aiken, South Carolina|
- Incentive and policy data are reviewed and approved by the N.C. Solar Center's DSIRE project staff.