From Open Energy Information
3Degrees Group, Inc. is based in the United States and provides environmental commodity sales, trading and advisory.  3Degrees helps organizations buy, sell and market environmental commodities, such as Renewable Energy Certificates(RECs) and verified carbon offsets. Its mission, as stated on its website, is to “mitigate the effects of climate change by accelerating development of a low-carbon, renewable energy economy.” The U.S. Department of Energy recognized 3Degrees with its Green Power Leadership Award in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. In 2010 3Degrees was named by Environmental Finance Magazine as the #1 REC Trading Company in North America.
3Degrees partners with organizations that seek to utilize environmental markets to build value for their customers, employees, investors and other stakeholders. 3Degrees helps these organizations buy, sell and market environmental commodities such as Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs) and verified carbon offsets.
3Degrees’ partners include utilities & Load-Serving Entities (LSEs) such as the City of Palo Alto Utilities and Dominion Resources, renewable energy project owners, institutions and non-profits such as Northwestern University, and businesses such as Whole Foods Market and Starbucks. 3Degrees also works with green building professionals to help them use environmental commodities to offset the greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions associated with their buildings, allowing these buildings to earn points toward the U.S. Green Building Council’s (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.  3Degrees sources carbon offsets and RECs from hundreds of renewable energy and carbon reduction projects. Project types include solar, wind, landfill gas, livestock biogas, geothermal, biomass, low-impact hydro and sustainable forestry.  3Degrees only sells RECs that are Green-e Energy certified or eligible for compliance with state Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS). 3Degrees also offers its partners carbon offsets which are verified using objective, credible and transparent carbon offset protocols and registries. Carbon offset protocols and registries used by 3Degrees include Green-e Climate, Climate Action Reserve (CAR), Voluntary Carbon Standard (VCS) and the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM).  3Degrees is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), Renewable Energy Market Association (REMA) and the National Association of Environmental Managers (NAEM).
- 3Degrees - Contact Us
- "3Degrees Overview | 3Degrees"
- "Industry Leadership | 3Degrees"
- (2007-12-03). "California"
- "Top 20 College & University | Green Power Partnership| US EPA"
- (2010-08-03). "Intel, Kohl’s, Whole Foods Top List of Green Power Purchasers, Again · Environmental Management & Energy News · Environmental Leader"
- "Member List"
- "Projects | 3Degrees"
- "Programs » Green-e Climate » Program Description"
- (2008-10-03). "3Degrees is First Adopter of Green-e Climate Certification for International Carbon Offsets"
- Courtney (2009-09-30). "How Carbon Offsets Work"
- (2007-10-10). "Carbon Offset Market Heats Up By 3Degrees"
- "Member List"
- (2011-01-11). "Understanding Renewable Energy Certificates « The Green Tie – The Official Blog of NAEM"